Afghan News Channel
Photo-Reports From Afghanistan
http://www.afghan-network.net/News/

Afghan children watch the arrival of visitors at a refugee camp in Faizabad in Afghanistan October 24, 2000. The World Food Programme (WFP) estimates there are now about 10,000 families -- some 60,000 people -- displaced across the area of northern Afghanistan that is outside Taleban control. REUTERS


Afghan schoolgirls wearing the traditional burqa veil leave their school, one of only two girl schools in Faizabad, in Afghanistan October 23, 2000. President Burhanuddin Rabbani, who rules just five percent of Afghanistan, said on Monday the war against the Taleban movement that has captured the rest of the country would continue indefinitely. REUTERS



 Afghan refugees arrive in Faizabad from the front line city of Taloqan where fighting between the Taleban and the government forces goes on, October 23, 2000. REUTERS



Fighters from Afghanistan's northern opposition dig trenches in Takhar province, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2000. The Taliban religious army rules 95 percent of Afghanistan, with the remaining 5 percent controlled by the anti-Taliban opposition, led by ousted President Burhanuddin Rabbani. Fighting has raged in northern Afghanistan in recent weeks as Taliban soldiers have swept through opposition territories. (AP Photo)


A refugee camp near the border with Tajikistan in Takhar province, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2000. (AP Photo)



An Afghan refugee, wearing an all-enveloping burqa, leaves her finger print instead of a signature as she cannot write, to receive humanitarian aid donated by a French charity organization in a refugee camp near the border with Tajikistan in Takhar province, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2000. Russian Foreign MinisterIgor Ivanov warned that the fighting in Afghanistan would lead to a mass exodus of up to hundreds of thousands of refugees to impoverished, unstable Tajikistan. (AP Photo)



Afghan refugees in a refugee camp near the border with Tajikistan in Takhar province, northern Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2000. (AP Photo)



A woman begs with her child at a roadside in Kabul, Afghanistan, Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2000. Afghanistan, devastated by 21 years of civil war, is one of the world's poorest countries. On Monday, Oct. 16, 2000, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization reported that Somalia, Afghanistan and Haiti rank as the hungriest countries in the world. (AP Photo)



Children line up Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2000, in front of a bakery, in Kabul, Afghanistan, that is funded by the World Food Program to provide bread at a subsidized rate. (AP Photo)
| Back To News Channel |


Personal Injury Attorney Los Angeles | Seo Los Angeles | Gold Ira | Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney